Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The wheel in my hamster cage is very noisy is there a noise free wheel on the market?


Answers:
~just rub the wheel w/ butter or oil - neither will be harmful to your pet.
yes
go to petsmart
I just put my daughters in the bathroom at night so the noise doesn't bother her...
Yeah, only you can't let the hamster run on it. That would be ultimate slack! Thanks Bob!
try some lube like Vaseline.
OIL it, with vegetable oil.
Ever heard "The squeaky wheel gets the grease"?
The No Squeal Wheel.
Sorry, it's not real, but came into my mind %26 hey, it rhymes.
i dont think so, because when i had a hamster every wheel i bought always squeaked when he ran on it, and it would be so annoying because he always did it at night. but id say the best would be get a plastic wheel... or i had a plastic house for him and it came with a clear blue wheel and it wasent that bad.

OIL and wd40 does not work, i tired that and it worked for like 2 nights but then the squeen would come back so unless you feel like re applying it then by al means go for it
You might find one somewhere...
I use cooking oil to stop the noise, and it works perfectly for about 1 month
WD-40
Ya I used to have a hamster . His cage was very noisy too. Trust me you actuaty get used to it.And after your hamster goes to hamster heaven your gonna miss the annoying sound that u got used too.
Maybe you should try oiling the wheel with something like vegetable oil (this isn't harmful to the animal). See if that cuts down on the noise level. If it still bothers you try a plastic wheel instead of metal.
Try Crisco.. a very small amount as to not endanger the hamster.
They are all noise free to start off with, but the hamsters scrape away at the shiney surface when you're sleeping and add lots of water so it rusts up. Then it squeeks. So to answer your question I'd by a gerbil, they're dumb.
Yes, petsmart makes plastic ones, they are not completely noise free, but they are much much quieter. Good Luck hope you get a good nights sleep.
i used to use butter on my hamsters wheel. he can lick it off n doesnt hurt him, so just reapply every night.
my dad rubbed a candle on the back of the wheel and now it is quiet. you can use a wax crayon as well x
I don't bellive you. If you were a hamster in a cage, how would you get to a computer to post this question?
Thank God yes...
We went to Pets at Home to get one
Heeehehehh. don't ya love those little critters who sleep during the day and workout at night? Bless their little furry hearts!
I've tried plastic wheels and they chewed it.
I have not seen anything that is really quiet. I have tried everything including adding olive oil to the wheel ..it works for awhile then it is back to the noise again.
maybe some type of wax on the wheel will work.
This might be a great invention if you could design such a wheel.
i have the silent spinner for my daughters hamsters and we now get sleep at night
I had a plastic wheel in my hamster cage it didn't make very much noise. The metal ones are real noisy The plastic ones you might hear a thump where the hamster is running but at least you don't hear screechhhhhh all night long been there done that. I believe Hartz makes the plastic wheels or used to i got mine at walmart but I haven't had a hamster in 7 years so they might not carry them any more.
Your hamster enjoys making the noise, knowing full well it is annoying you while he is a prisoner in your cage. Why spoil his fun. Endless hours of squeaking while running madly in a hamster wheel.
put baby oil on the wheel if you are unable to find a noise-free wheel..
THINK GREASE. THINK LUBRICATION. BUT MAYBE YOU GOT THE CHEAP ONE. IF THE CAGE IS METAL LUBRICATING THE JOINTS MIGHT HELP. A PLASTIC WHEEL COULD HELP. THIS IS JUST MY LOGIC I DONT EVEN HAVE A HAMSTER'S WHEEL.
yes at petsmart there is a silent wheel i have one..it works GREAT!
Yes there is a wheel called the silent wheel but after all the miles your hamster puts on it, it will start to squeak too. So I just put my hamster in my bathroom when he starts to get really noisy!!
Yes, there are some types of "silent wheels", i tried a lot! Bad thing is that they only work for a little while! What you should do i about every week ( or when necessary), put SOME oil / melted butter ( you don't want your hammie getting too fat do you?) on the part where you attach the wheel to the cage. It works 100% of the time for a couple days. I used to do it all the time but believe it or not i got used to it. ( it s not annoying at all to me now) but if it is just try the butter! hope i helped :)
I use a metal wheel for my hamster. When it sqeaks I put a bit of vasealine on it then its fine
There's a wheel on the market that's called the silent spinner it comes in lots of colours. This is a link to a picture of it it can be fastened to the cage wall or stand on the floor. good luck hope this helps. I'm a small animal breeder and i use these.

No comments:

Post a Comment