Friday, July 31, 2009

Urgent! My Rat is Choking! What Do I Do?

My rat is making wierd noises and I think she's choking. She's still small, about four or 3.5 inches long (not with tail). Once she even did this big shuddering shaking movement. What do I do?
Answers:
Go to a vet ASAP!
do the Heimlich maneuver
If she's coughing don't do anything. You might want to do some kind of rat Heimlich maneuver if she stops coughing and can't breathe.
take her to the vets, theres a good chance theres fluid in her lungs and this is why she's choking.
theres a link below that will help you with your rat
Since you posted this nine minutes ago I'm guessing it's dead
she probly has some thing in her mouth check it out quick if that doesent wrk go to the vet
Rats cannot throw up.
If you think she is choking, you really should take her to the vet. It might be a sign of poisoning that the rat is trying to get rid of.

No comments:

Post a Comment