Friday, July 31, 2009

Was it too soon?

My hamster had babies in january, and she had another lot 3 days ago, she's doing fine and so are the babies but I just wondered if u thought it was a bit soon?? I'm so happy and proud of her. I think she loves being a mummy!! =)
Answers:
i think you need to stop putting her in with a male.
she could have had some that werent developed enough? well if they all are healthy them im sure its fine!
If the hamster is normal then everything is fine.
it's been 5 months nothing wrong with that I've had hamsters (male and female that I had to keep together during and after pregnancy because I didn't have another cage) that bred right after (he tried while she was labour !~.~) she gave birth of course she got pregnant again and soon had 13 more babies (on top of the 9 first ones!) Luckily he was a pretty good father raised them well (I was afraid he'd eat them and she'd fight with him but I couldn't be more wrong.)
i can tell from the question that you really care for her. as long as all are healthy and she's not having litter after litter than 5 months is okay.
Mine is about to have babies!
stop putting her with the male hammy (to mate) if you dun want any more babies, hamsters breed very easily!

No comments:

Post a Comment