Thursday, July 30, 2009

Unknown Hamster Death?

I was eager to get my new pet. It was in the evening and i went to go choose my pet. A hamster. I choose the one that was on the wheel running quickly. I got the cage, bedding, food, water bottle, chew toys, everything that was on the list that i needed so i could take good care of it. It was 6 months old.
Everyday after school i would peek into its cage seeing it curled up in the bedding.
I saw that the wood that was meant for teething for hamsters were worn out so i put in some new ones. I gave it new food.
And made sure the water supply was full and clean.
I continued this routine until it was the forth day. On that day as i peeked in my hamster was in the bedding with it scattered everywhere it was breathing heavily. Its side rising and falling.
I thought it was all my fault and i thought back to think about what i done. I couldn't remember what i did wrong So then i wondered what happened to my hamster.Does any one have suggestions on what happened?
Answers:
He probably died because of toxic bedding. Pine and cedar are toxic to hamsters because of all the oils in the wood. The pet store you bought your hamster from probably used pine or cedar bedding because the symptoms won't show for months after using it. You did nothing wrong. I'm very sorry for your loss.
It's possible you had toxic bedding. It happened to my first Hamster, he died violently, breathing very hard, eyes shutting, shaking violently, heart beating fast then really slow.
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?...
Poison bedding maybe?

No comments:

Post a Comment