Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Toilet Paper + Hamster?

I do have regular bedding for my winter white dwarf hamster, but I was wondering if putting some toilet paper in its cage would be safe. I read somewhere that they like to nest in it. Is this alright? Please answer ASAP. Thanks!
Answers:
Its perfectly safe, just make sure that its perfume free. Normal non-scented tissue paper will work too. I have been using toilet paper for my hamster for the last 3 months and he loves it. He moves it around using his mouth and eveything. He even enjoys shredding it up when hes bored. It makes the perfect low-cost bedding for any type of hamster. Btw, my hamster is also a winter white hamster...
Yes, toilet paper is okay, if it isn't parfumed.
I'm not sure, I heard they love packing material in the mouth so maybe not; it might choke, consider reseaching on google, or asking a vet.
No i dont think that it is safe at all, As toilet paper has special chemicals on it to make it disolve when it is flushed, So when hamsters put it in their cheeks to take to their nest, it may be harmful for them.
I would think if you used a chemical and perfume free toilet paper that it would be fine, I've used klenex before and its worked great!
hamsters will make a nest out of any material loo roll is OK as well
That's all my hamster ahs ever gotten as nesting material, and she's happy, healthy and almost 3 years old. It is as safe as the shred-a-bed and stuff like that.
well I think it is safe cause my hammy has bedding for hamsters which is like cotton and he dont choke the perfume on scented toilet paper would be to strong though so dont use that
yah its ok.
yes it's fine I've had about 7 hamsters in the past and right now i have 3. I've used toilet paper for all of them and it's perfectly fine. you don't need the beading you buy at pet stores it's just a waste of money.
whatever you use be sure it has no dyes or perfumes in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment