Thursday, July 30, 2009

Traveling with a hamster?

I am going to South Carolina for 2 weeks.I want to take my dwarf hamster but i have no idea what to bring or what to put it in to travel.I am going to universal too.I am taking my hamster to.I need traveling tips and good travel cages.I was thinking about just getting a regular cag.Is that a good idea?
Answers:
yes you can use a regular cage, just make sure it has those air holes, take his/her bedding, water bottle, food, food bowl, and if you have one of those lockable roll around balls- take it too so your hamster can get some good exercise and be safe too.
it might just be a better idea to find a hamster-sitter like a friend or family member. Travel might stress the little guy out, and who wants to bring a dead hamster on vacation?
You can use a transparent plastic box. You can get one from the supermarket! Normally we got cookies which is sold on those boxes. Place some few straw or any comfortable stuffs for your hamster and his food. Don't forget to make little holes too.
I'm telling you these, because once I saw a Chinese tourist carrying his hamster in that box...
If you have a portable cage then take it in that! If not I would suscribe you to use this travel case called Small Pet Tote they have them at Petsmart. They are very expensive
( $24.99) I'm not so sure that it would be a good size. It's very big compared to a dwarf hamster! A cheaper one $3.99 is this...
Super Pet庐 Keep-A-Critter Small Pet Home or Carrier it's pretty good size, but you'll need to add some bedding and water and food.
It is best to avoid traveling with hamsters. They are stressed very easily, and a bumpy car ride isn't going to help. It really would be best to find a trusted friend or adult to provide the hamster with food and water each day. I know you probably want to take him along, but do what's best for him.
Oh! I just got a dwarf hamster! Aren't they cute? I find it best to to use one of those small plastic cages with plastic vented lids. There are no holes big enough for him to get out, and it is sealed all the time. Yet he can breath just fine and see everything. You can get them at Pet smart,Pet Expo,or Wal-Mart. Good Luck!
yes just put them in their cage and bring food. avoid sunlight and drafts.
I don't think its a goodidea to travel with your hamster. Just have someone you trust take care of it while your gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment