Thursday, July 30, 2009

Trying new bedding for my Guinea Pig?

I want to try using the fleece bedding but I'm concerned about the odor. Where do you buy the fleece? I saw in the store you can use a spray to get rid of any odors. Is this safe?
Thanks!
Answers:
I love using fleece bedding for my girls, it's the best thing ever! You can buy the fleece from a fabric store like Jo Ann's, or you could just buy a fleece blanket from a department store. Make sure that you also buy towels, mattress liners, or puppy pads to put under the fleece. The odor is not bad at all as long as you daily clean up the poos. I use a hand vacuum and it generally takes about a minute. I wouldn't use the spray if you can avoid it, because guinea pigs are very sensitive animals. But to eliminate odor while washing the fleece, add a half a cup of vinegar along with the detergent. It works wonders.
http://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/bedd...
The best thing to do it just to find a bedding that is orderless, like carefresh. If you have to spray, it is ok. I am not sure where to find fleece bedding though. I have never heard of it. Remember to always clean you pets cage at least once a week, with any bedding.
You can buy the fleece from a fabric store like Jo-Anns. I think you could spot clean everyday and it could help with the odor. You could use a mini vacuum cleaner while your piggies have floor time?
I have never heard of fleece bedding but I have had guinea pigs and hamsters all my life and am a true believer in Carefresh bedding. Its odourless and very absorbent. =)
Try Petsmart!!

No comments:

Post a Comment