Friday, July 31, 2009

Want Fancy Rat!?

I really want to get one of thoes Fancy rats from the pet stores to have as a pet but I need to convince my dad to let me get one first. He doesnt like rodents!
ANY IDEAS?!
Answers:
Don't worry. I am trying to convince my mom too. First you have to tell them all the all the positive things about them. For instants, tell them that they don't make much noises.
Well, first you need to convince your dad you are responsible enough to have a pet. Get good grades in school, keep your room clean, and do all your chores (and some extra ones), without being asked.
It also helps to do lots and lots of research on rats. Learn as much about them as you can. How to care for them, their biology, and fun facts. Maybe write a paper on rats and their care for your dad to read so he knows how cool they really are.
Third, get a job of some kind and pay for everything yourself. About $100.00 should get you a basic set up.
In the end, don't be too bummed if your dad says no. It's not fair to any pet if they are not wanted by all members of the household.
If he says no, convince him to let you volunteer at your local humane society so you can look after the homeless rats. He'll be impressed that you want to volunteer your time to help the community...which may also make him more open to saying yes.
Get the rest of the family on your side and form an alliance. Research rats and tell him how wonderfull of a pet they are to own. The are very tame gentle little souls. Good Luck
It toke me a long time to get my folks to let me have one. Just keep at it, don't cave in. Rats are awsome pets.

No comments:

Post a Comment