Thursday, July 30, 2009

Traveling rats?

My dad and I are going to be driving from Texas to Indiana this Friday( July 9). We are going to be bringing my 2 female rats with us.( we are staying in Indiana for 5 days)
I think I have every thing. I have the travel cage, the water bottle (the bottle will not be in the cage when the car is moving), food, some apples for when we are on the rod, beading, the rats toys, there regular cage, and there little harnesses for when we go to the rest stops. Do yall think I am ready. %26lt;,_,)-----
Answers:
Did you know when they ship rats they send it with a potato in the box for days, and they show up just fine? If anything, you are over prepared, but since it sounds like your rats are excellent company, you probably have just what you need.
I offer you a note of caution, though - find a way to securely lock the carrier and watch the temperature in the car. I had a friend who lost the rat in the car, then found it - as she was closing the door. Grusome.
You seem much to fond of yours to let such things happen, but just to keep that ounce of prevention going, good luck on your trip.
you'r pretty ready. but why do you have rats as pets lol. get a cobra!
Sounds like you have it under control!
it sounds like you still need a way to keep them cool in a hot car. try taking some frozen water bottles with you.
Ignore brandon, and yes, your all set and ready to go! Make sure on the way there they have a little fruit to nibble on for the moisture so they dont get thirsty!
You sound ready, but whatever you do, don't leave those guys in the car. AT ALL. The car will heat up in minutes and kill them. What are you planning to do with them when you make stops? Even if you leave the windows down, they could die in the heat.
Yes
Yeah your ready. I have 2 female rats too. I took them to Missouri and they were good on the trip. I think they liked it.lol. So just make sure they don't escape out of their cage cause that happen to me and thank god their ok!

No comments:

Post a Comment