Monday, May 24, 2010

What can I do for my Hamster?

So, I lost one of my 2 Russian Dwarf Hamsters last night. I was just wondering what I could do for the other as I am sure It will let lonely in the cage by itself. Any ideas of what i could do? Is there anyway I could introduce another hamster to it without them trying to kill each other? Thanks
Answers:
Yea- you can get something called a split cage. U buy a little net and it will hook up to any kind of cage. Just go to petco or petsmart, get another hamster for the lonely one and ask for a net to seperate the cage... bring the other hamster in its cage so u can have them help u attach the net right there and make sure that it is secure. Good Luck!
p.s. There are some pics of a split cage and some info... http://www.agsgerbils.org/gerbil_care_ha...
we made a large aquarium into a digging place, like a miniature desert for my hamster. We filled it about 3/4 full of sand and extended a habitrail tube into it so he could burrow.
Yes, you can get a buddy for your little guy, but try to get a young one. My hamster,Boo, died (heart attack!I actually took him to a vet haha) and I got him a little buddy and they were fine. In fact, they had babies!!
welll maybe you can get another russian dwarf hamster and put a little see through wall in the cage and put each hamster seperatley but in the same cage. If they start to fight i suggest not putting them together unless they are use to it... Im not sure lol just my opinion
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES put a 'new' hamster in with the one you have now. If by 'lost' you mean it died, and they were of the same litter, your other hamster may die soon, too ... they die between 2-3 years old. I know that you are sad, too, and you don't want your hamster to be sad, so play with it a bit more often, and be sure that it has good food and clean fresh water and a 'totally clean' cage ... and when this one dies, too, THEN you can get another hamster or two.
Not too sure but I think your Hamster will like some company.
I think Hamsters are cute and wish you luck with yours, sorry to hear about the loss of your other Hamster.
Lots of love xx
What you could do, to keep it amused is ,get in his wheel and start running ,then he will think ,now, how do you bloody like it,if you let me out i'll be f*****g gone pal.

No comments:

Post a Comment