Monday, May 24, 2010

What are these black things..NOT FLEAS?

I live in Northern Ca. When I go out to my yard I feel tiny little bites on my arm. They are not the normal dog and cat fleas. They are very very tiny black pest that is skinny and narrow. I need to know what they are called and how to KILL THEM!! They bite just like a flea and I know what fleas look like. I have had flea problems and they don't look like them.
Answers:
Honestly, it sounds like fleas to me.
maybe a flea lol lol lol
They could be midges or mites, or even ticks. Try insect repellant.
We always called them chiggers. They live in the grass and like to suck blood.
They could be chiggers or in all honestly cat fleas. There is a different type of flea that are more commonly seen on cats, generally on outside cats. If dogs are around the cats will generally pick up their fleas. Cat fleas are more narrow that dog fleas and they have a slightly shiny appearance.
Could they be gnats? They are attracted by cologne, hair spray, etc? Long and skinny sounds a little like a termite but I don't think termites would bite people...you never know.
they sound an aweful lot like no-see-ums. Do they seem to be more attracted to you while wearing white or bright clothing. Here is a link describing no-see-ums. Here in North Dakota, they are a brownish red color. But there could be different color variety's. Hope this helps!
they can be baby mosqutos!anyways,your question should be on skin and boddy.
They're mites you dumba**!

No comments:

Post a Comment