Monday, May 24, 2010

What breed is my guinea pig?

What breed is Rico?
http://s235.photobucket.com/albums/ee243...
Answers:
He appears to be a short haired American; however, I noticed that the ends of the hair shaft appear to stand out a bit %26 look a little rough. That makes me think he may have some Teddy in there too.
When piggies are babies its difficult to tell sometimes exactly what breed they are if you don't know anything about the familial lines. It becomes more evident as they age.
He's a cutie! :)
the best
he looks like a breed called a bicolor. I am not sure though.
BTW he is very cute
this looks like a short guinea pig
Sorry for the useless answer, I have no idea about guinea pig breeds, but I just felt like telling you he's a cutie! I bet you know it already, but he's really sweet!
i dont totally know ,but he is sooooooooooo cute.and adorable.
=-B
horselover99
most likely a mixture if you got him from a pet store, but he is
American Shorthair, Red and White poorly marked Dutch Color Pattern.
I have been breeding and raising show quality Guinea Pigs for 17 years and run a guinea pig rescue. He is adorable though!!!
Animallover Bi-color isnt a breed it is a color Pattern.
Thats why I said he's a MIXTURE. He doesnt look purebred American. Probably has some Teddy in him. You asked what breed he was so I gave you closest resemblence.
He looks a lot like a Teddy (Rex). He's likely not a purebreed though, so he looks like he could have some American in him too.
according to the photo it looks like the coloring is golden agouti (hairs with a black base and red tip) over one eye, the other eye spot is red. I couldn't tell in the pic very well but it looks like his rump has red over it too. So, if he were on a pedigree, his color would be Golden Agouti/Red/and white.
His breed looks like a teddy, but usually teddy's coats stick up more. He might be part american or even part skinny pig. Skinny pigs are naked, hairless cavies with a rough coat like this, they are born with more hair, and as they grow older they lose it. If he is only part skinny then he would have thinner hair than other teddies, and that's probably why it's not standing up straight!
Good luck with Rico! He's a cutie :) I have 6 teddies so yeah...
Hope this helped :)
Awwwwwww he is sooooooo cute!! I am guessing american shorthair? hope this helps!?
He probably a short haired American; however, I noticed that the ends of the hair shaft appear to stand up a bit %26 you said that he is a little rough right? That makes me think he may have some Teddy in there too.
I agree with Justified's answer. BTW, it looks as though your piggie needs a nail trim, especially on the back feet. You'll want to trim them before they cause problems. Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment