Monday, May 24, 2010

What are the most important things I should REALLY (x 2) consider when planning on getting a Syrian hamster?

I mean I have started researching but I don't know what I'm missing I'm reading as much as I possibly can cuz I really DO want a pet and hammies are so cute!! But I think I'm missing that piece of the puzzle...
Answers:
well, i have two dwarf hamsters now, but have had syrian hamsters before. Here is what I found out about them (like the disadvatages):
1). they do stink a little bit. so, cleaning their cage every week is very important. also, "spot cleaning" is important too!
2). they are escape artists! one time, mine escaped and we couldn't find him for a day! that night, my dad found her under the tv! so, getting a good sturdy cage for them is also very important!
3). they sleep all day. this is kinda nerver racking when you want to play with them but you don't want to wake them up.
4). their aren't many vets that treat hamsters. so, if you have a problem with your hamter, you can't go to a vet.
5). sometimes, they will bite. their bites are kinda hard and can draw blood sometimes!
6). hamsters can suffer from getting "wet tail." I am sure that you have read up about this though!
I hope that this helps answer your question! Good Luck! don't forget, there are many advantages about owning a hamster too!
Can up hump it?
1. You need to know the factors in taking care o a hamster
2. Spend sooooooooooooooooooo much time with him/her
3. Make sure you have all the tools or living room for your hamster
4. Make sure to keep all animals, especially dogs away from him/her
5. THE MOST IMPORTANT > > > Be a loving owner
They are nocturnal and they can bite hard! But they really are sweet once you have let your hamster get to know you then he or she will be very sweet! They are so much fun and not a lot of work or money! Have fun with your furry little friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment