Saturday, May 22, 2010

What are some trick or activities i can do with my hamster?

any suggestions or ideas are welcome. Please include websites if possible
Answers:
Well you can get hamster balls which aloows them to run around i have a racetrack like thing for the ball so i can keep an eye on them
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/pr...
this is what i have
Also there aren't really any tricks but if you feed them sunflower hearts (the inside to sunflower seeds) its funny watching their cheeks fill :p
Wheels are pretty handy to keep them entertained.
I go on Hamster heaven its a great forum for posts and alot of people there have had hamsters for ages my friend who i met on there has 6 guinea pigs 4 rabbits and tonnes of pets lol, but feel free to check this out,they are friendly and can give you any advice needed :)
http://www.hamster-heaven.com
By the way My Username is E93 So any questions im there
my hamster(dwarf) had a wire cage. I taught her, actually the twothat I had, how to do monkey bars on the top of the cage. So they would use the top bars as monkey bars. It took awhile, but it was so cute. I also taught them to come when I call them. Tehy were talented hamsters. To get them to do monkey bars, I would put food in front of their noses as they went from ber to ber. Then if the did a couple I would give them the piece of food, or sunflower seed. Then they started to do it without the food. Again I used food to teach them to come and eventually they came voulentaraly.
sleep. eat. thats pretty much it.
Why don't you get an exercise wheel for his cage and a ball for him to run around in? He will surely love it, and it'll keep him healthy and strong. Make sure that you spend a good amount of time holding him too, so he can get social interaction. I'd also suggest putting some fun things like carboard toilet paper rolls inside of his cage so that he can have some fun even when you aren't there with him.
i taught my hamster how to stand
simply hold a piece of food above his head and say the word stand he/she will stand up to get the food keep on doing it until she/he responds to the above food then stop using the food and just raise your hand above he/hers head and say stand then she will
activities
you can get her a ball put her in it and let her roll around in it
or get toilet rolls and let your hamster go through them
You might try the Hamster Cannon Shooting Distance Contest. You only get one shot.
I used to put my hamster in the bath; the walls are too sloping, so the hamster cannot get out, but you should still surpervise him. Make sure it's completely dry, the plug is in and the taps/shower aren't dripping .You can put toys in the bath such as cardboard toilet rolls. Also, it's quite easy to practise handling and stroking your hamster when in the bath tub. But you must be careful if you pick him up as the bath is a very hard surface, if you do this I would advise you to put a towel in the bath and do not hold him high up, just in case you drop him (no matter how securely you hold them, they can still manage to jump out your hands!). I hope this helps.
I have no idea how it happened, or why, but i can get my hamster to curl up on a certain spot on the sofa and go to sleep ( it may be because he is kinda lazy!!)
Hamsters are actually very entertaining, and generally, have bundles of energy, so they will create their own little tricks and silly little things that they will do.
I would advice an exercise ball if you dont have one, hamsters love them. It gives them the chance to run around the house, but safely.
there are a lot of games u can make up. use ur imaginaton

No comments:

Post a Comment