Monday, May 24, 2010

What are these treebark-looking things that are appearing in my hamsters cage?

I looked in my hamster cage a couple of weeks ago, and I saw something that resembles treebark. I smelled it, and it smelled kind of like dry fruit, but still looked like a ripped off piece of treebark. I looked today, and I saw an even bigger one. Im kind of stumped on what this could be.
By the way, im using cedar if it has something to do with that. And YES I know its not good for them, im switching to aspin soon.
Answers:
I have two female dwarf hamsters. They use cedar shavings too, but I know, it's not good for them, the bag says NO OILS on it. Anyways, I have found a few looking log pieces in the bedding before too. They are just pieces that didn't get cut all way when it was at the factory.
I hope that this answers your question!
probably from the bedding.it wont harm them(the treebark looking thing)
use super shavin's sold at petsmart and petco. the things you see are pieces of cedar twig i guess.
it could be the cedar. instead of aspin shavings it would be better to use the papery type of bedding (it does not have the oils that cause respitory problems).

No comments:

Post a Comment