Sunday, August 2, 2009

Wet Tail?

So I have nine mice in two seperate tanks. They have all contracted wet tail. I called the vets office and he said there was no need to bring everybody in, just to stop by and pick up some drops for them. By the time I had gotten there the doctor had left for the day, but I was able to still pick up the medication. The problem is I have having the WORST trouble giving this to all the mice, also I dont know much about it. I know it can be deadly, but what else? How do they get it? I have paper tubes in their homes, should I throw those away incase the have the bacteria for wet tail on them? Any tips or suggestions? Thank you for any help!
Answers:
Wet Tail is from Stress. Its sometimes hard to get rid of %26 yes it can kill them. The tubes having nothing to do with them having wet tail. The meds. that you got. If its like a red liquid then put it in their water bottle that way they can drink it. Put enough in the water that is is the color of the meds. Try not to mess with them like holding them %26 all that alot because that can stress them out more %26 kill them. Make sure they get rid of the wet tail then start back handling them. Hope this helps out %26 good luck.
yes trow away the paper tubes and then et new ones. keep giveing them the medication and try to change out there tubes every week or every two weeks at least. if you dont see a change then maybe your giving them there medication wrong ask the vet how to and make sure you are.
I had a hamster that died at the vets from this disease, and sometimes they need antibiotics as well. i don't think he gave you good advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment